Thursday 8 September 2016

Labour Room Drama !


Inside the Labour room,the pain is so bad that the Ladies swear never to do it again but.....*side eyes*





LRD 1


Okay to the main gist, with my first baby, labour was sweet, my water broke at 37weeks and before I knew it, my baby arrived with less contractions. My husband and mum said I was lucky because through out the whole preggy period and delivery, it was smooth.

After 2 years, I got pregnant with my daughter and I didn't get to know until I was 14 weeks gone. When I got to 21 weeks, I was diagnosed with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH). My doctor said I will have to be induced at 38 weeks to avoid pre-eclampsia and other complications that comes with PIH. I wasn't bothered about the induction because I thought the pains will be just as my first. 

Hmmm, 38 weeks reached and I went to the hospital around 7am with my DH, we dropped our son with grandma the previous day. When I entered the labour room, three other women were in labour pains, they were screaming and in my mind I was thanking God in advance for a painless childbirth.
Well, it was time for the process to start and the doctor started by inserting something in my vaginal. He said I should start walking around and once I feel any balloon like object coming out of my vaginal, I should signal the nurses on duty. As I walk round the room, I felt menstrual pains and I thought that was all, I also felt the ballon like object will be my baby coming out. 

After 45 mins, I felt the balloon and told the nurse in charge, she removed it and gave me one injection. The injection felt like fire going through my body but I still maintained my cool. 5mins later, the pains started. I shouted Jehovah on top of my voice. My husband came in to pacify me, I kept quiet for a while and again the pain hit me. This time it was more painful.

 When DH tried to touch me to bear the pains, I shouted at him to leave me alone that after all it was his fault because each time I insist he use a condom, he will say 'he cannot lick sweet with nylon'. He felt embarrassed because people were there and so he kept quiet oh. I sat on his leg and will scream whenever the pain comes. After 1 hour, I was given another injection and O'boy, the pain felt like I was dying.

 I removed my robe and started hitting the wall. The nurse had to take DH and I to a separate room because there were male in the labour room and I refused to wear anything. I was just shouting and begging for CS. The pain was unbearable.

The chief medical doctor is a short man in his 60's, he's been away to perform CS all the while I was screaming. When I saw him passed through my room, I said 'Daddy, ejo ewa help me' (Daddy please come and help me) I said that for like 3 times and he did as if he didn't hear me, then I changed it to 'Baba kekere, ejo ewa now' (Short man, please come now) this time he replied with 'shey emi ni baba kekere' (am I Baba kekere?). All the nurses couldn't hold their laughter but the man still didn't come to me oh.


Three hours into the labour pains and I was checked by a nurse who said I have dilated to 6cm. Haa 6cm since? She said I should stop screaming, that the baby is scared because of my screams. I tried to stop but I just couldn't. The more I tried to compose myself, the more the pains scattered me. Well, the chief doctor came after 40mins and said he was ready to help me but it will be painful. I said ok daddy, just make my baby come. He told my husband to excuse us and then he proceeded to insert his hands into me. I felt his hands rupturing my membrane and I was too weak to shout sef. I was just saying 'Lord, have mercy, I won't do it again'. He did all that for 5mins or there about and when he was through, he asked the nurse to come and take delivery. As soon as I heard the word delivery, I didn't know how the energy come but I pushed with all I have left in me. 1, 2, 3, my daughter came and immediately I felt instant relief oh. The placenta came with the pushing. Chai, I laboured for almost 4hours and it felt like 4years oh.

My husband came in and I was too shy to look up. He hugged me and said thank God we have a boy and a girl now, no more babies. I said yes oh but my fellow bvn's, I am expecting my 3rd baby in a few months. Please wish me quick, safe and painless delivery oh.
God bless y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment